Friday, December 21, 2018

Ronald McDonald House

We all have causes that are dear to us and one that I have been proud to support in various ways over the years is Ronald McDonald House.  In keeping with a tradition I brought with me from Arizona, periodically I like to get a group of friends together to prepare and serve a meal at Ronald McDonald House.  Together, we chip in and purchase the food and then we go to the house and prepare the meal and serve it to the families who are staying in the house. 
Carmen Fitzpatrick, Kathy McPherson, Carol Stillerman, Pook Bellini
This year, several friends and I also volunteered to help in the Holiday Shop at the Charlotte house.  In order to spread the word about Ronald McDonald House, I wrote an article about volunteering there which appeared this month's Living@SCCL Magazine

During this holiday season, and throughout the year, I encourage everyone to support causes that are important to them.  There are so many wonderful organizations out there that need not only financial support, but hands-on support.  Whatever you can do to help will make a difference.  

Click on article below to enlarge.  Contact me for a pdf version.



No comments:

Post a Comment