- If you’re thinking of buying a home, plan ahead and stay on the right track, starting with pre-approval.
- Being proactive about the homebuying process will help set you up for success in each step.
- Make sure to work with a trusted real estate professional along the way, to help guide you through the homebuying steps specific to your area.
Additional thoughts from Pook...
Before you CLOSE on your new home, don't do anything that could affect your credit report:
- Don't make any large credit purchases or sign any lease agreements (car, boat, or other big ticket items).
- Don't open a new credit card account.
- Don't close out an old credit card account.
- Don't change employers.