Sunday, May 10, 2015

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Today I'd like to share a very eloquent Mother's Day message that was posted on Facebook by my friend and Arizona colleague, Kirsten Johnson.   Thank you, Kirsten, for allowing me share this!

I want to share something that comes to mind not only on Mother's Day, but often....

I think of women I know who have not had the opportunity to have children either because of a medical condition or because they have not found the right person to have kids with, like in my situation. Please do not judge these women or ask them why they do not have kids, because I can guarantee it is not because of lack of want, it just is what it is right now. Be Kind. Be Loving. Be Understanding. Be Supportive of these ladies. It is a journey.

I think of people who I have met along the way who did not have a mother who was present in their lives either physically or emotionally. Their stories hurt my heart. Be Kind. Be Loving. Be Understanding. Be Supportive of those who did not have the true presence of a Mother. It is a journey.

I think of many of you who I know who have lost your mother and the "missing" her never goes away. The wanting to pick up the phone and call her to say Happy Mother's Day and I Love You doesn't go away. Be Kind. Be Loving. Be Understanding. Be Supportive of those who have lost their Mother. It is a journey.

I think of those mothers who have lost a child to sickness or tragedy. My heart hurts with you. No Mother should have to feel this pain. Be Kind. Be Loving. Be Understanding. Be Supportive of those who have lost a child. It is a painful journey.

I think of the nearly 17,000 kids in foster care in Arizona and the 500,000 in the United States that are confused and conflicted about their Mother, wondering why she abandoned, neglected or hurt them. Be Kind. Be Loving. Be Understanding. Be Supportive of our Kids in Foster Care. It is a scary and painful journey.

I want to recognize those mothers who have found their way to adopt or foster a child. Thank you for giving a child a sense of family and what it means to have a Mother. Biology has nothing to do with being a Mother. Love has everything to do with being a Mother. Be Kind. Be Loving. Be Understanding. Be Supportive of those who have adopted, fostered or are thinking about doing so. It is a journey. 

To all Mother's....your children are a gift! Thank you for giving them a loving home. Do not ever forget how important your role is to your children. Be Kind. Be Loving. Be Understanding. Be Supportive of yourselves, other mothers, fathers and your children. It is a journey.

We all have a story when it comes to our mother and our motherhood! Be Kind. Be Loving. Be Understanding. Be Supportive of One Another. It is a Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment